About the role
You will be one of our first news curators and help build the editorial side of our venture. Our ideal candidate has skills and experience in journalism but does not look for the traditional job as a journalist. There will be a lot of room for creativity and experimentation as we're looking for radically new ways how people consume news. You will mainly curate articles but also do research, write and create new formats. If you care a lot about the future of the industry and want to explore new territories, please get in touch with us!
- English is your first language, you have learned journalistic skills and ideally already gained previous experience in a newsroom.
- You are passionate about curating news, carefully selecting the stories that matter most and offering different perspectives to our readers
- You're excited to experiment with new forms of journalism and rethink traditional formats, radically reshaping how things are done.
- You're a quick, hands-on, autonomous person - ready for working in an ambitious start-up that's moving fast
We do not expect that you check everything on these lists of expectations!
If some of this applies and you want to grow, gain more experience and create meaningful impact, we definitely would love to hear from you.
What's in it for you
- Work on something that matters
- You choose where you work from (within 3 hours of CET) and the equipment that you need
- We believe that we can get the work done while being mindful of our personal time and that's why we offer 30 vacation days per year and flexible working hours
- We know we are building something big and if you are a part of our early team, then you will benefit from our virtual share program
- Learning on the job is a given but we also have a 500 EUR learning budget
- If you are in Berlin or London, you can choose to work from our offices
That's how we assess
- We'll get to know each other - this is not an interview but a conversation
- A trial day where you work alongside the team. We strongly believe that values and culture are just as important as hard skills, so we want to make sure we are a match for both
- An interview with at least one of the founders
→ We hope to do this within 2 weeks. Starting time depends on you, as we are ready!
At informed, we're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, your application will be anonymised by our system removing any personal data such as name, picture, age, or marital status.