Your role at informed
You will be in charge of all things copy across the brand. You will work closely with our Creative Director to work on a brand refresh. As the principal copywriter, you will lead on elevating our current tone of voice to the next level, creating a coherent system that can be translated into different channels and sets us up for success and longevity. You will work closely with a Senior Brand Designer to ensure the tone of voice and visual identity are developed simultaneously and consistently. You will be our guardian to ensure quality and consistency across the tone of voice implementation for our brand book. You will work cross-functionally and create copy across brand, campaigns, marketing, social, and product so they serve the right narrative across each platform.
- You are highly skilled in creating a tone of voice for brands and have worked on brand refresh projects before
- You are an English native-speaking copywriter with a focus on digital brands, ensuring a user-first approach
- You are able to move between tech, business, and brand tone of voice
- You think holistically in terms of company strategy, mission, and product vision to ensure a consistently great brand experience across all platforms
- You are good at analytical thinking, and conceptual development and love being a hands-on copywriter
- You have highly polished writing skills and experience defining a verbal direction and translating it on multiple channels to ensure consistency
- The role is varied. You are at home writing for apps, websites, and newsletters, have experience in script writing and can get stuck into social copywriting, campaign work, and marketing endeavours.
- You care about details and quality to level up the experience no matter the format and stylistic elements used
- You have experience working in a fast-paced interdisciplinary team together with other creatives, designers, and other stakeholders
- You are able to work across several projects at the same time
- You are able to apply a tone of voice to social media and marketing campaigns and help expand our company’s reach
- A pedantic eye for detail and grammar
- You are curious and love to expand your horizon to find the right solution for the task ahead and stay on top of branding trends
That would be great to have
- Experience in early-stage companies and small teams
- Experience working in a diverse and interdisciplinary team
- You understand that a brand is a work in progress for an early-stage start-up and needs extra care and attention
- You use the proper methods and approaches to accelerate writing decisions and are highly proactive
- Ideally, you have experience in SEO and can ensure the accuracy of all copy execution as a sub-editor.
💡 We do not expect that you check everything on these lists of expectations! If some of this applies and you want to grow, gain more experience and create meaningful impact, we definitely would love to hear from you.
That's how we assess
- First (30min) – we'll get to know each other - meaning you also get the chance to interview us to see whether our mindsets match.
- Second (45min) – you’ll receive a case study with one of the challenges we are facing to show us your approach and how you think. We want to be mindful of your time and ask you to only spend 1-2hrs on it. If you're curious about how you can stand out 👇
- Make an assessment of your idea
- Tell us what you'd recommend and why
- Third (30 min each) – you'll meet the rest of the team (Design, Product, Editorial) to check whether you'd enjoy working with us.
- At the end (30min) – you will talk with Ben and Katja about what you took away from the interviews so far and about your position.
→ We hope to do this within 2-3 weeks. Starting time depends on you, as we are ready!
⏱ We know it's difficult to carve out time out of your busy schedules for a task when you're a mother, father, or any other kind of caregiver. Please mention it in our first conversation, so we can find an individual solution that works for you!