Your role at informed
You will be our first UX Researcher on the design team. You will help to design and execute qualitative research to generate user-focused insights to design and build a journalism app that transforms the way information is delivered and consumed based on user needs! You will work on gathering insights for the mobile app experience as well as investigating in new product ideas to quick test them upfront.
- You will be responsible for designing and conducting user research and translating those into valuable information for the mobile app
- Based on your expertise you will identify the best method for the project goals and available resources (we are a small team and have limited budget)
- You will own all aspects of research (planning, recruiting, conducting, analysis, reporting)
- You are able to write research scripts and familiar with both moderated and unmoderated tests
- You will be creating deliverables, such as personas and journey maps to help enhance our understand of our users
- You will collaborate with the team to understand upcoming research needs and prioritize and define the most impactful research for the task at hand
- You will share insights from research across the company to keep research and user top of mind and further shape our user-centric culture
- You will facilitate synthesis meetings with the team at the end or during projects
- You have basic visual understanding to easily understand how the elements of user interface work
- You want to broaden your knowledge in other research techniques and are not afraid to try them e.g. group discussions, heuristic analysis etc.
- You like challenges and want to help setup a research process suited to an early stage company
That would be great to have
- Experience in early stage companies and small teams
- Experience working in an diverse and interdisciplinary team
- Knowledge of using user research and design tools
- You can distill most relevant insights to tell a story which engages the team and company
That would be a bonus but not crucial
- Facilitate ideation and brainstorming during projects
- Knowledge of data processing software
- You can synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to help drive product and design decisions
We do not expect that you check everything on these lists of expectations!
If some of this applies and you want to grow, gain more experience and create meaningful impact, we definitely would love to hear from you.
That's how we assess
- First (30min) – we'll get to know each other - meaning you also get the chance to interview us to see whether our mindsets match.
- Second (45min) – you’ll receive a case study with one of our challenges we are facing to show us your approach and how you think. We want to be mindful of your time and ask you to only spend 1-2hrs on it . If you're curious how you can stand out 👇
- Make an assessment of your idea
- Tell us what you'd recommend and why
- Third (30 min each) – you'll meet the rest of the team (Design, Development, Editorial) to check whether you'd enjoy working with us.
- At the end (30min) – you will talk with Ben & Oya about what you took away from the interviews so far and about your position.
→ We hope to do this within 2-3 weeks. Starting time depends on you, as we are ready!