Your role at informed
You will be our Lead Product Designer with a focus on UX and take on leadership responsibilities within the design team. You will improve our mobile and web apps as well as our internal content production system for our editorial team. You will work collaboratively to create concepts for projects and support our engineering team to execute them by taking user needs, business requirements and technology into account. You will define UX patterns across devices to ensure a consistent experience for delivering quality journalism to our users. You will also incorporate user research and analytics into the product development and decision-making processes.
- You are highly skilled in creating mobile and web experiences, designs & interactions
- You think holistically in terms of UX and UI to ensure a consistent and great experience
- You are a very experienced designer who has worked on mobile and web applications
- You have a bit of leadership experience within design teams but are still very hands-on yourself
- You are good at analytical thinking and thinking through complex ideas and able to communicate and visualize these clearly by choosing the right format for it such as IA mapping, flowcharts, wireframes, prototypes and story mapping
- You are able to provide information verbally and visually through low- and mid-fidelity concepts and mid to high-fidelity clickable prototypes to the team
- You have experience in working in a fast-paced interdisciplinary team together with developers & other stakeholders
- You ensure that the user experience remains at a high level for our MVPs throughout the product development process
- You have a great understanding of HCI, UX Design, Interaction Design or comparable education
- You have experience developing user personas and use cases, in user research and synthesis
- You are curious and love to expand your horizon to find the right solution for the task ahead and stay on top of new technology and methods
- You enjoy building a product from scratch and are highly involved in the design & research process to ensure a user-first approach
That would be great to have
- Experience in early-stage companies and small teams
- Experience working in a diverse and interdisciplinary team
- You are able to help out on the research front by testing and validating hypotheses through usability testing of wireframes and clickable prototypes
- You are able to synthesize research findings and experience strategy to craft a meaningful UX for journalistic content
We do not expect that you check everything on these lists of expectations!
If some of this applies and you want to grow, gain more experience and create meaningful impact, we definitely would love to hear from you.
That's how we assess
- Meet (30min) – we'll get to know each other - meaning you also get the chance to interview us to see whether our mindsets match.
- Case-Study (45min) – you’ll receive a case study with one of the challenges we are facing to show us your approach and how you think and work. We want to be mindful of your time and ask you to only spend 1-2 hours on it. If you're curious about how you can stand out 👇
- Make an assessment of your idea
- Tell us what you'd recommend and why
- Meet the team (30 min each) – you'll meet the rest of the team (Design, Development, Editorial) to check whether you will enjoy working with us.
- Close up (30min) – you will talk with Ben & Katja about what you took away from the interviews and your role at informed
→ We hope to do this within 2 weeks max. Starting time depends on you, as we are ready!