Your role at informed
We have spent the last year to understand the problems readers face when consuming journalistic content and we feel we have found a solution. But what good is our feeling if we cannot prove our hypothesis with data?
With the release of our application, we want to track how people interact with our application and the journalistic content to make informed (no pun intended 😉) decisions on how to improve. You will be responsible for setting up our data stack from the beginning: Data Warehouse, ELT pipeline, data modelling and visualisation. You will be part of the engineering team and will collaborate closely with the other engineers to enable us to get answers from our data. You will also support every team member to build the reports they need.
What we would like to see
- You have an eye for detail but also know when to apply the 80/20 principle
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited to build a product and a system from the ground up
- You are a problem solver who creatively and selectively applies technology to a problem
- You have a strong opinion on how to design, build and operate scalable data processing pipelines
- You are a constant learner, do not shy away from trying new things but can also admit when you were wrong
- You are a good communicator in spoken and written English, able to translate between tech and business speak
- We believe that great teams are built on diversity, fairness and respect for each other, our stakeholders and consumers and so should you 🌈
- Bonus: You like good food 🍱
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience in (data) engineering and analytics
Advanced SQL, data transformation and data profiling skills
- Experience of building production ETL/ELT and ML pipelines at scale and working with technologies like Apache Airflow
- Understanding of programming languages used in data science (e.g. Python)
Knowledge of the AWS cloud ecosystem (RDS, S3, Lambda, SageMaker)
- Basic understanding of infrastructure as code and its benefits using Terraform, and willingness to get your hands dirty with it
We do not expect that you check everything on these lists of expectations!
If some of this applies and you want to grow, gain more experience and create meaningful impact, we definitely would love to hear from you.
That's how we assess
- We'll get to know each other - this is not an interview but a conversation
- A technical assessment with a take-home challenge or live activity reviewed by the engineering team
- Meet the rest of the team. We strongly believe that diversity and culture are equally important as hard skills, so we want to make sure we match.
→ We hope to do this within 2 weeks. Starting time depends on you, as we are ready!